| | How Does Our Monthly Rental Plans work?
All of our Rental Plans limit you to only a certain number of discs in any one subscription month. Once you have received that maximum number of discs in a given subscription month, we will not send further discs until we charge your next monthly subscription fee to your VISA/MASTERCARD, although you may be able to purchase extra rentals. You may not carry over any unused portion of your disc entitlement for a given subscription month to the next subscription month. Remember if you sign up in the middle of month, eg 12th day of month, then every month your account will be debited on the 12th and your monthly movie allocation will begin on 12th.
How affordable are our Rental Plans?
An independent scooter bike delivery company bills us R30 per delivery for areas within 25km from our store and R35 for areas outside 25km. In all of our Rental Plans, a minimum of R90 is therefore paid to the delivery company every month for each plan. Our fee for a DVD rental is R15, a Blu-ray R20 and Games R60. If you decide to subscribe for 6 DVDs per month, which is delivered 2 discs at-a-time over 3 separate deliveries, your monthly fee is R180, which works out to R30 per rental. But if you have 4 DVDs delivered at-a-time over 3 separate deliveries, your monthly fee is R270 which works out to R22.50 per rental. The more discs in a delivery, the cheaper your rentals. Remember movies are delivered and collected directly to your home or work and you get to keep new movies between 7-10 days.
How can I use the service for only 1 month?
Our members can easily suspend their accounts from 1 to 12 months. Before your new month begins, under the MY ACCOUNT section of your account, select the button PUT ON HOLD. You will be asked to select the duration of time (in months) you need to suspend your account and click YES to update. By doing this your debit order will be stopped during this period and delivery guy will get a message to collect remaining movies at your home. When your suspension period ends, your debit order and monthly movie allocation will resume again. If you only interested in using our service for 1 month, you need to remember to CANCEL your membership after you used up your allocation of movies only, and before your next debit order is charged.
Payment Options: VISA, MASTERCARD or EFT Bank Transfer
Many South Africans are very hesitant to use their credit cards for online transactions, even though it is very safe. All of our online transactions is processed by MyGate, a secure payment gateway company, authorized by ABSA bank. If you use your VISA, MASTERCARD for payment, we will charge your acccount on a monthly basis. If you decide to pay via EFT Bank transfer to our bank account, you will have the option of paying for 3 - 12 months upfront. The minimum payment accepted is for 3 months.
Seven reasons why people prefer to Rent DVD and Blu-ray Movies from Signals?
- SABC, DSTV and Apple TV crop movies from cinemascope (2.40:1 aspect ratio) to 4:3 or 16:9. This is done by zooming in on picture to remove black bars at top and bottom. Serious movies buffs hate this because parts of image is chopped off. On DVD and Blu-ray, you get to see the film in the original aspect ratio, the way it is exhibited in the cinema.
- On DVD and Blu-ray you get to see the Extended edition, Director’s Cut or Unrated version of film releases. SABC, DSTV or Apple TV only show the TV edited, theatrical version.
- DSTV and Apple TV only broadcast/stream HD movies in 720p (at 50 frames per second) resolution and the audio is limited to 5.1 standard audio. Blu-ray movies boast far superior picture and audio quality with 1080p Full HD resolution (at 24 frames per second which is more natural) and up to 7.1 uncompressed lossless audio.
- Signals bought more than 700 new films during 2011, consisting of all latest Hollywood blockbusters and best of Foreign World Cinema and Indie films. Less than a third of these movies are available at your average video store and eventually broadcast on local TV.
- You can keep new release DVDs and Blu-ray discs for as long as you want. Users normally keep them for 7-10 days.
- DVDs, Blu-ray discs and Games are delivered and collected to your home or work.
- You save on petrol by not having to travel back and forth to your local video store.
How can I add more movies or games to my next delivery?
There is an option to pay for Extra Rentals. This is done by selecting the EXTRA RENTAL button below movie/game poster. The items selected will be added to your EXTRA RENTAL LIST where you will be charged R20 for DVD, R25 for Blu-ray/3D Blu-ray and R60 for GAME. This feature is useful when you need to add more DVDs/Blu-rays or Games to your normal delivery during Holidays. If you have used up your movie allocation for the month, and additional fee of R25 is charged for a separate delivery.
How can I rent Games Online?
The most affordable way to rent games is to sign up for a DVD or Blu-ray Rental Plan and hire games by selecting EXTRA RENTAL button below each Game poster, as an Extra Rental option. There are also 2 Gaming Rental Plans available.
How soon will I get my delivery after I press the PAUSE button?
When you press the PAUSE button on your account before 4pm, you will get your movies/games delivered the next day, during office hours. This is because the delivery company collects all accumulated parcels at 4:30pm every afternoon at our store, which is then distributed between a fleet of scooter bike delivery guys assigned to different areas. They do not deliver on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. To ensure you get your delivery on Fridays, remember to press PAUSE button before 4pm on Thursdays. If we are not delivering in your area yet, please drop us an email and we'll see what we can do for you.